CAPT Board Meeting
July 17, 2021
North Charleston Amtrak Station/ZOOM
CAPT Officers, Directors, Members and Interested Guests:
You are invited to a scheduled in person meeting
Saturday, July 17, 2021.
It will be held at the N. Charleston Transportation Center from 1 to 4 P.M. in the
Amtrak meeting room at
4565 Gaynor Avenue.
This will be our first in person meeting since January 2020 in Winston-Salem. For those
arriving by auto please plan for lunch on your own before the meeting. Some will eat at Jim
and Nick's BBQ , 4964 Centre Point Drive, North Charleston, SC, 29418 at 11:00 A.M.
It's located off I-526 and International Blvd. close to I-26 and the Airport.
After lunch it's a very short trip to the meeting location via Montague Avenue and Gaynor Avenue. So, if you like BBQ join us. There is also a Chili's very close by if interested . Please refer to mapping services for more detailed location information. After the meeting there should be time for sightseeing and/or dinner in the Charleston area.
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Consideration of open Board member positions
- Economic Feasibility Study for Charlotte-Columbia-Charleston rail route
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- U.S. Senator Lindsey Graham's offer of legislative input from South Carolina
- Western NC Rail Alliance update
- Update on NC On Track (NCOT)
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- RPA Rail Nation DC Fall Advocacy Event in September
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings
Topic: CAPT Board Meeting, 07-17-21
Time: Jul 17, 2021 01:00 PM Eastern Time
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 742 4448 9324