CAPT Annual Meeting
CAPT Officers, Directors, Members, and Interested Guests
You are invited to the Annual Meeting.
November 19, 2022
The meeting will be held from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm, preceded by brunch at 10:30 am at Big Ben Pub.
The meeting location is 1535 Elizabeth Avenue, Charlotte, N.C. 28204.
Restaurant phone number is 704 817-9697.
Web address is www.bigbenpub.com.
The meeting will also be virtual. Please note Zoom information to link to the meeting via the internet
Persons arriving via Amtrak's Piedmont #73 at 9:40 am, and departing via Amtrak's Piedmont #76 at 3:15 pm
will be provided transportation assistance for the train station.
If travelling by train please let us know so we can plan for this.
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Election of Board members and Officers
- 501c3 status
- R2R Developments (Raleigh - Richmond)
- Status of Infrastructure funding for Western and Eastern NC service extensions
- Update on Florence - Myrtle Beach rail passenger efforts
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Western NC Rail Committee Update
- Update on NC On Track (NCOT)
- Charlotte Area Transit Update
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings
CAPT Official Notice of Election of Officers and Directors
Directors and Officers for the Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will be elected at the
November 19, 2022, Annual General Membership meeting. Directors serve terms of two years,
and officers are elected yearly. The Board of Directors consists of 12 to 18 members based
on the percentage of CAPT members in North Carolina and South Carolina. This serves as official
notice of the annual meeting and elections. Any member interested in running for the board
should contact any member of the present board and provide biographical information for
consideration, or be prepared to provide this information in person at the meeting.
Current directors who are ending a term of two years should notify Secretary Phil Astwood at
if the intention is to run again. Those who do not notify the Secretary,
or appear at the meeting will not be considered. The current CAPT Board serves as the official
Zoom Meeting Details
Topic: CAPT Annual Meeting
Time: Nov 19, 2022 11:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 811 9098 3928