January 2009 Meeting Details
CAPT Board Meeting
January 10, 2009
The CAPT board will meet at the main Richland County Library
1431 Assembly Street
in downtown Columbia. The meeting will
begin at 1:00 p.m. in the Bank of America Room,
which has seating for up to 25 people. On-street parking will be available
that day since parking meters are not enforced on Saturdays.
For those interested in eating together before the meeting,
we will meet in front of the library and walk to a local
eatery at 11:15 a.m.
There are many restaurants within walking distance of the library.
The meeting should be finished by 4:00 p.m.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
- Guest speaker on possibilties for passenger rail
related legislation in this session of S.C. legislature.
Representative Walton McLeod (Newberry-Richland) District 40
- Kick-off of resolution drive in South Carolina in support of
expanded rail passenger service
- Status of efforts to produce new CAPT brochure featuring maps
of present and possible future rail passenger service
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Update on rail developments across the Carolinas
including start of 3rd Charlotte-Raleigh frequency
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings