August 2011 Meeting Details
CAPT Board Meeting
August 13, 2011
Our meeting location will be the
City Range Grill
615 Haywood Road in Greenville, S.C.
on Saturday, August 13th.
Lunch will be at noon followed by the board meeting beginning at 1:00 p.m.
The meeting should end by 5:00 p.m.
Our guest speaker after lunch will be Peter Strub of TranSystems.
He will give an update on the Multimodal Transit Corridor Alternatives
Feasibility Study done in 2010 for The Greenville County Economic
CAPT Board Meeting Agenda
- Guest speaker Peter Strub of TransSystems
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
Update on legislation from the past session in North Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger funding
Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded
rail passenger service, and additional inserts for the resolution
Mailings to NARP members in the Carolinas
- Update on recent push by a Central Midlands coalition for a Columbia-Charlotte connection to the high speed rail network
- Status of efforts to produce new CAPT brochure featuring
maps of present and possible future rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- North Carolina transit update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings