August 2012 Meeting Details
CAPT Board Meeting
High Point, N.C.
August 11, 2012
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet at the Amtrak station located at
100 West High Avenue in
on Saturday, August 11th.
The board meeting will be in the main waiting room from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
For those coming via Amtrak, the northbound Piedmont #74 arrives at 1:14 p.m., and the southbound Piedmont
#75 arrives at 1:34 p.m. After the meeting, return trips depart High Point at 6:29 p.m. northbound for
Raleigh, and at 6:48 p.m. southbound for Charlotte.
Parking for those not coming by train is available at a City parking deck across the street, or
curbside near the depot.
CAPT Board Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on CAPT poster project for Carolinas Amtrak stations
- Update on CAPT fundraiser designed by retired Amtrak Agent Earl Eargle to provide more funding and exposure for CAPT
Update on legislation in North Carolina and South Carolina
affecting transit and rail passenger funding
Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded
rail passenger service
- Update on recent push by a Central Midlands coalition for a Columbia-Charlotte connection to the high speed rail network
- Discussion of ways to distribute the new CAPT brochure featuring
maps of present and possible future rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- North Carolina transit update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings