CAPT Board Meeting
March 19, 2016
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet in Raleigh at the Sheraton Hotel on Saturday March 19, 2016.
The address is 421 South Salisbury Street.
We will meet in the Magnolia Room at 12:00 Noon.
The room is ours until 4:00 PM.
If anyone would like to have lunch prior to the meeting gather at The Pit located at 328 West Davie Street for Barbecue and other fine food around 10:30 am. Those arriving on the Carolinian will walk over from the Amtrak station which is a short distance away. After lunch a group will walk to the meeting location from the restaurant.
CAPT Board Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Guest speaker Roger Smock of NC DOT “Be Rail Safe Program”
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT fostering creation of an association similar to Virginians for High Speed Rail
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings