CAPT Board Meeting
May 21, 2016
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet in Spartanburg, SC, at the Spartanburg
County Libraryís Cyrill-Westside Branch on Saturday, May 21, 2016.
It is located at 525 Oak Grove Road, Spartanburg. The telephone number for the library is 864-574-6815
For those wishing to grab some lunch before the meeting, this area has an abundance of fast-food eateries.
But if fast-food is not your style and you would prefer a sit-down type restaurant where we can meet as
a group, the closest such option is a Dennyís which is located at 2306 Reidville Road, Spartanburg.
Those who would like to do this, should probably meet at Dennyís at 11 A.M. to avoid the rush.
After lunch, at approximately 12:30 P.M., our guest speaker will be Mr. Frank Ezell, the chairman
of the South Carolina Passenger Rail Consortium.
He will bring us some updated information on the efforts of the consortiumís passenger rail
initiative to bring passenger rail service from Greenville to Charleston (and points
in between) back to the state.
Following Mr. Ezellís remarks, we will have a business meeting with CAPT board members.
Interested guests are invited to stay for this meeting but are certainly free to leave
if they would like to do so. We will plan to adjourn close to 3:30 P.M. to allow for those
coming from great distances to get home before dark.
CAPT Board Meeting Agenda
- Guest speaker Frank Ezell of the South Carolina Passenger Rail Consortium
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on CAPT fostering creation of an association similar to Virginians for High Speed Rail
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings