CAPT Board Meeting
September 17, 2016
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet at the Charleston County Library, 68
Calhoun Street, Charleston, SC from 2:00 p.m.
until 5:45 p.m. on Saturday, September 17, 2016.
For those arriving before the meeting, stop by the Amtrak station in North Charleston,
the site of the new multi-modal transportation center soon to begin construction in October.
We will take a look at the site between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon. At noon those interested can
go over to Bessinger’s Barbecue for lunch beginning at 12:30 p.m. at 1602 Savannah Hwy, Charleston,
SC 29407. Check out the restaurant menu at bessingersbbq.com (843) 556-1354. At 1:30 the group
will leave the restaurant for the board meeting at the library.
CAPT Board Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT fostering creation of an association similar to Virginians for High Speed Rail
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update – New President Wick Moorman, NS is latest news
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings