CAPT Board Meeting
March 18, 2017
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet in Wilson on Saturday, March 18, 2017. The meeting location is 224 Nash Street East at the Imagination Station History and Science Museum, and we will begin at 1:00 pm in the historic third floor court room. The meeting will conclude at 3:30 pm to allow those leaving by train to be at the Amtrak station nearby for the southbound departure of the Carolinian at 3:55 pm. The Amtrak station is a block and a half east of the meeting location. If you are interested in ice cream if the train is late there is a shop across the street from the train station.
For those interested in lunch, join us at Big Harold's Diner #1 at 126 Tarboro Street , 3 blocks west of the Amtrak station and one-half block south at 11:45 am. This should be an easy walk for those arriving by the northbound Carolinian at 11:30 am.
CAPT Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT fostering creation of an association similar to Virginians for High Speed Rail
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings