CAPT Board Meeting
July 15, 2017
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet at the National Railway Historical Society meeting room adjacent to the Douglas Galyon Train Depot at 236 East Washington Street in Greensboro, N.C. on July 15, 2017. The meeting will begin at 2:00 pm, and is expected to end between 5:00 and 6:00 pm. It will be in the old Railway Express Building on the west side of the depot.
For those planning to arrive via Amtrak: The southbound Piedmont #75 from Raleigh arrives at 1:21 pm, and the northbound Piedmont #74 arrives from Charlotte at 1:42 pm. If you are driving to the meeting you may want to consider Natty Green's Pub and Brewing Company at 345 South Elm Street near the old Southern Railway passenger station for lunch before the meeting.
For the return home via Amtrak: The northbound Piedmont #76 will depart for Raleigh at 6:57 pm, and the southbound Carolinian #79 will depart for Charlotte at 6:58 pm. After the board meeting you may want to consider the more formal Liberty Oak Restaurant for dinner at 100 West Washington Street, or the more casual Natty Green's Pub and Brewing Company at 345 South Elm Street. We have eaten at both establishments before at meetings in Greensboro. Both restaurants are within walking distance of the Depot.
CAPT Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT fostering creation of an association similar to Virginians for High Speed Rail
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update (Trump budget proposal, and train rallies)
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings