CAPT Board Meeting
January 19, 2019
The January CAPT meeting will be in Greensboro Saturday, January 19th, at the former Railway Express
Building, next to the Greensboro Amtrak station on Washington Street downtown.
The meeting will begin at 1:15 p.m., and end no later than 4:00 p.m. to allow those attending
to return home via the Piedmont trains which service the station between 4:15 and 5:00 p.m.
Those driving should plan to park across the street from the front entrance to the train
station in the large parking lot on the north side of Washington Street, or other on-street parking.
Depending on train arrival times suggested lunch locations are Natty Greene's Brew Pub
at 345 South Elm Street, or McCoul's Public House at 110 West McGee Street near the corner
of Elm Street. Both are a short walk from the train station. Snack food service may also
available next to the main waiting room at the train station.
CAPT Greensboro Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT fostering creation of an association similar to Virginians for High Speed Rail
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings