CAPT Board Meeting
July 20, 2019
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet in Columbia at the main Richland Library on Saturday,
July 20, 2019. The address is 1431 Assembly Street and the telephone number is 803-799-9084.
The meeting will be held on the second floor in Room 200 from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm.
Parking on the street around the library is generally available and on Saturdays the meters are free. There is limited parking in the library's own lots to the rear of the building.
Lunch will be on your own but should members desire to meet as a group prior to the meeting for lunch,
the California Dreaming Restaurant at 401 South Main Street, 29201,
is highly recommended both for its excellent cuisine as well as the ambiance of the old Southern Railway Station that once served Columbia. A recommended time to meet there would be 11:30 am as lunch service begins at that time. Other restaurants and eateries are located close to the Richland Library in the Vista area (along Gervais Street just west of Assembly Street.)
CAPT Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- Update on NC On Track
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings