CAPT Board Meeting
September 21, 2019
The Carolinas Association for Passenger Trains will meet in Charlotte on Saturday, September 21, 2019. The board meeting will be in the meeting room of the Queen City Q Restaurant which is located at 225 East 6th Street, Suite A, Charlotte, NC 28202. The phone number is 980 272-6341. Parking is in the 7th Street Station Building parking deck. All day Saturday parking is free with validation.
CAPT members will meet those arriving on the morning Piedmont train ( #73 ) from Raleigh at the Amtrak station. Arrival is scheduled at 9:40 am . The group will then take a tour of the Gold Line Streetcar construction along Beatties Ford Road, Trade Street, Elizabeth Avenue and Hawthorne Lane via automobile. There will also be a stop to look at construction at and around the Multi-Modal Transportation Station project in Center City. This will put Amtrak, and other rail and bus services under one roof by 2023. Charlotte Area Transit ( CATS ) Bus route #11 also provides travel between the Amtrak station and the meeting location. Get on the bus at the Amtrak station, ride into Center City and get off at 7th Street in front of the library, and walk to 7th Street Station to join our group.
Our meeting room will be open for those wishing to eat at Queen City Q at 11:00 am. After lunch our board meeting will begin at Noon, and finish by 2:30 pm so those taking the train home can transported back to the Amtrak station in time for the northbound departure of the Piedmont ( #76 ) at 3:15 pm.
CAPT Meeting Agenda
- Secretary's report
- Treasurer's report
- Discussion on approved plan for Harrisburg Amtrak station
- Update on the resolution drive in South Carolina in support of expanded rail passenger service
- New printing of South Carolina resolution drive brochures
- Update on NC On Track ( NCOT )
- East/West Rail Passenger Service proposed in Virginia / Any applicability to similar NC efforts?
- Plan for Norfolk Southern "O! " line Charlotte to Winston-Salem? / Inter-city and Commuter applications
- Charlotte Commuter Rail possibilities
- Update on CAPT newsletter and website issues/Discussion on possible improvements
- Update on news in North Carolina and South Carolina affecting transit and rail passenger service
- Clemson Amtrak station update after reopening
- Raleigh- Fayetteville Passenger rail studies
- Amtrak update
- Reports by Officers and Directors
- Planning for future meetings/ Change of date for November meeting?